Are you feeling unproductive? You might feel like there is no point in doing anything. Well, I have good news for you! There are ways to be more productive even when you feel like giving up.
This blog post will give you 11 tips that will help make your day go by faster and make it easier for you to start working on something new the next day.
When I’m feeling exhausted and unproductive, I like to take a break and watch a few episodes of my favorite TV show. Sometimes, all you need is a little bit of downtime before you can get back to work. Being lazy is sometimes good for you, where it gets bad is when you let it take over your life.
Getting organized first, helps me be more successful when I feel unproductive. This can be anything from cleaning my room to creating a to-do list for the day. Once I have a plan in place, I feel more motivated to start working on something new.
What is Productivity?
People are constantly trying to find new ways to become more productive. Many people have defined productivity as doing enough work for you not to get fired or achieve your daily goals, but there is a better way of thinking about it.
Productivity shouldn’t be defined by how much time you waste on irrelevant tasks because that doesn’t benefit anybody. Instead, think about productivity as achieving your maximum potential.
Why is it so important to be productive?
A lot of the time, people are wasting their lives on things they don’t even enjoy doing. For example, I despise studying but I still do it because I’m a college student and it’s what’s expected of me to gain the knowledge to become an expert in my field.
But what if instead of spending six hours a day reading textbooks that I don’t understand, I spent three hours learning something new in an area that I’m interested in? That would be more productive for me because it would help me achieve my goals.
Nowadays, productivity is one of the most sought-after skills there is. As technology has taken over our lives, we are constantly expected to be able to multi-task and get things done quickly.
This leaves little time to think about your future and what you want to achieve. If you have a lot of work piling up on your desk, don’t be afraid to ask for help from other people. There is no shame in admitting that something has become too difficult or overwhelming for you to handle by yourself anymore.
How to get started with being more productive?
Tips for success on how to be productive!
Take a break.
- Sometimes you just need to take a break and relax. Watch a movie, read a book, or take a nap. This will help refresh your mind and make it easier for you to start working again.
Set some goals for yourself.
- If you set small goals, you will feel more productive and it’ll help motivate yourself to start working. Check out this article for more motivation tips on decluttering.
Start with something easy.
- If you are completely out of it at the moment due to a lack of motivation or feeling exhausted, start with something that doesn’t require much energy so you can work your way up!
Take a shower/bath.
- This might not seem like it would help, but when you’re feeling exhausted and dirty, taking a shower or bath can help refresh your body and mind.
- If there are things that are preventing you from being productive, try to eliminate them from your environment. For example, if you have trouble focusing on work because of social media, try to disable your internet or put your phone on silent.
Set a time limit.
- If you have a lot of work to do, try setting a time limit for yourself so you can focus better. This will help prevent you from being overwhelmed and stressed out. What works best for me is setting a timer to keep me on track and schedule for the day. Check out article on how to declutter quickly as a busy mom.
Take breaks often.
- Breaks are important! They allow you to rest and recharge, which will help you be more productive when you start working again.
- This is mentioned a second time because as a busy mom, you are often productive with work, family, kids, the house and forget that just doing nothing, gives you a reboot to get back to something that needs to get done.
Organize your workspace.
- This will help you find what you need quickly and prevent distractions.
Work with a friend/colleague.
- Sometimes it’s helpful to have someone there to motivate and push you along.
Set a routine.
- Having a routine will help you be more productive and organized. You’ll know what to expect each day and it’ll be easier for you to start working.
Try something new.
- If you’re feeling bored, try something you have never done before. This can be a new project, working on a different task, or learning a new skill.
Frequently Asked Questions
The last thing you need to know about productivity!
Hopefully, these tips will help you out the next time you’re feeling unproductive! Do your best to apply as many of them as possible and see how it goes. Let me know in the comments how it goes and if any other tips have worked for you. 🙂
Stay Positive! Stay Motivated!